Posted 01/19/23 • Santa Barbara, CA or Remote • Full-Time
Who We Are
ParentSquare is a Santa Barbara-based growing company that’s changing the way schools and parents communicate every day. Sounds simple? We strive to keep it that way! Over 10,000 schools and 6.5 million parents across the U.S. utilize our platform to stay informed and involved from the way they prefer to be notified – email, text, voice, web, app, social – to the ways they can interact with schools – forms, sign ups, payments, RSVPs, language translations, chat and more. We just celebrated our 10th anniversary and are excited to continue advancing K-12 communications equity with our intuitive and easy-to-use platform so districts and schools can connect with all parents and guardians.
Who We’re Looking for
ParentSquare is looking for an Accounting Analyst to join our growing Finance team. You will manage the Order-to-Cash, Billing, and Receivables processes while developing more stable and scalable future processes. You are detail-oriented, organized and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment.
Success in this role will be defined by your support of the Sales and Customer Success teams for their customer requirements in timely and accurate communications. Key success metrics for the role will include billing timeliness & accuracy, 60-day receivables, and accuracy of revenue reporting.
This role will include:
- Entrepreneurship: Opportunity to be innovative and build new systems and processes to optimize our work
- Career mentorship: Ability to engage in formal and informal mentorship with former accounting, investment banking and private equity colleagues
- Contract set-up: Extract signed quotes and/or purchase orders from Hubspot to load into the accounting system for invoicing. Ensure accuracy for internal reporting, billing and revenue recognition purposes
- Customer management: Maintain positive relationships as the key point of contact for billing and contribute to ParentSquare’s world class Net Promoter score
- Cross-functional support: Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to assure alignment of overall company objectives
- Collections: Follow-up with external customer payment offices for status and payment resolutions; Research and solve outstanding invoice and payment trouble-shooting issues, and implementing enhancements
- Taxes: Work with tax consultants to file, pay and optimize taxes
- Process improvement: Identify process gaps and inefficiencies, and develop and implement procedures to continuously improve overall effectiveness. Ensure the process is “fit for purpose” by balancing agility and structure
- Documentation: Develop and maintain process flows that can be understood and executed by internal stakeholders and partners
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- A growth mindset and ability to view challenges through a lens of opportunity
- Grit; someone who is passionate about learning and will persevere to achieve their goals
- 2+ years of experience in accounting, finance or business systems analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in a business field; accounting major preferred
- Excellent investigating, analytical, and problem-solving experience with high attention to detail
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams in meeting deadlines in a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment
- Strong understanding of GAAP-based accounting
- Clear understanding and experience with accounting processes related to cash, including products, quoting, billing, amendments, renewals and collections preferred
- Experience with CRM (Hubspot) and Accounting Systems (Sage Intacct) and ability to communicate their capabilities, best practices and limitations preferred
- Desire to implement business process changes to improve operating efficiencies
The perks of working for us are great!
You’ll get your foot in the door as our company continues to grow. We’re big believers in work-life balance and provide
- Employer-paid health insurance (including dependent coverage)
- Employer-match 401K retirement savings program (100% match for first 3% and 50% for next 2% of salary contributed)
- Stock options
- Health + wellness reimbursements
- Generous PTO – 14 paid holidays, which includes your birthday and time off between Christmas and New Year
As a fully remote team, we’ll make sure you have all the tools and equipment you need to make your home office a place where you can thrive.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
The salary range for this role will be $65,000-$80,000 annually, DOE.