Posted 05/04/22 • Santa Barbara, CA or Remote • Full-Time
Who We Are
ParentSquare is a rapidly growing Santa Barbara-based company that’s changing the way schools and parents communicate every day. Sounds simple? We strive to keep it that way!
Over 10,000 schools and 5 million parents and guardians across the U.S. utilize our platform to stay informed and involved from the way they prefer to be notified – email, text, voice, web, app, social – to the ways they can interact with schools – forms, sign ups, payments, RSVPs, language translations, chat and more.
We just celebrated our 10th anniversary and are excited to continue advancing K-12 communications equity with our intuitive and easy-to-use platform so districts and schools can connect with all parents and guardians.
Who We’re Looking for
ParentSquare is looking for a Billing Manager to join our Finance team. You will manage the Order-to-Cash, Billing, and Receivables processes while developing more stable and scalable future processes. You are detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment.
Success in this role will be defined by your support of the Sales and Customer Success teams for their customer requirements in timely and accurate billing communications. Key success metrics for the role will include collections, aging and accuracy of revenue reporting.
This role will include:
- Contract set-up: Extract signed quotes and/or purchase orders from Hubspot to load into the accounting system for invoicing. Ensure accuracy for internal reporting, billing and revenue recognition purposes.
- Customer management: Maintain positive relationships as the key point of contact for billing and contribute to ParentSquare’s world class Net Promoter score
- Cross-functional support: Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to assure alignment of overall company objectives
- Collections: Follow-up with external customer payment offices for status and payment resolutions Research and solve outstanding invoice and payment issues trouble-shooting issues, and implementing enhancements
- Process improvement: Identify process gaps and inefficiencies, and develop and implement procedures to continuously improve overall effectiveness. Ensure the process is “fit for purpose” by balancing agility and structure.
- Documentation: Develop and maintain process flows that can be understood and executed by internal stakeholders and partners.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting or business systems analysis
- In-depth understanding and experience with accounting processes related to order to cash, including products, quoting, billing, amendments, renewals and collections
- Experience with CRM (Hubspot) and Accounting Systems (QBO, Intacct) and ability to communicate their capabilities, best practices and limitations
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams in meeting deadlines in a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment
- Strong investigating, analytical, and problem-solving experience with high attention to detail
- Proven ability to implement business process changes to improve operating efficiencies
The perks of working for us are great!
You’ll get your foot in the door as our company continues to grow. We’re big believers in work-life balance and provide
- Employer-paid health insurance(including dependent coverage)
- Employer-match 401K retirement savings program
- Stock options
- Health + wellness reimbursements
- Generous PTO
- 14 paid holidays, including your birthday! and additionally time off between Christmas and New Year