Customer Support Agent
Posted 11/30/22 • Santa Barbara, CA or Remote • Full-Time
Who We Are
ParentSquare is a Santa Barbara-based growing company that’s changing the way schools and parents communicate every day. Sounds simple? We strive to keep it that way! Over 5,000 schools and 4 million parents across the U.S. utilize our platform to stay informed and involved from the way they prefer to be notified – email, text, voice, web, app, social – to the ways they can interact with schools – forms, sign ups, payments, RSVPs, language translations, chat and more. We just celebrated our 10th anniversary and are excited to continue advancing K-12 communications equity with our intuitive and easy-to-use platform so districts and schools can connect with all parents and guardians.
Who We’re Looking for
A ParentSquare Customer Support Agent will have customer service and empathy in their DNA. You’re someone who is able to solve tickets quickly and efficiently without ever sacrificing the customer experience and will work on behalf of our customers with a passion for helping and going the extra mile. From parents to district and school administrators and teachers, you’re available for support via email, chat and phone. You’re our first line of communication for our customers and know our product inside and out to provide the best answers and solutions for our customers; should a problem require escalation, you’ll act as the intermediary during the escalation process to make sure no detail is missed. You know how important your assistance is to our success and our ability to continue to grow and strive to help our Customer Support team to continually improve.
This role will include:
- Answering incoming emails, live chats and phone calls
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s needs, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem, expediting correction or adjustment, and following up to ensure resolution
- Taking detailed notes of the contact in our ticketing system
- Resolving support issues quickly and efficiently
- Escalating tickets to the next tier support when unable to resolve
- Maintain updated knowledge of all company products and services in order to provide adequate education to customers
- Collect and record customer feedback and information, and share with appropriate departments and team members
- Improving help articles
- Developing support materials
- Product testing
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Attend all required customer service-related meetings
- Above all, providing the service the friendly and personalized service of which ParentSquare prides itself
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Previous EDtech experience, SIS or experience with technical integrations (SFTP, API, etc)
- Prior experience in customer support or customer success and ticketing systems (Zendesk a strong plus)
- Bring a proactive, self-motivated and positive attitude to work everyday
- Multitask with excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Quick learner, tech savvy, and a desire to learn in a dynamic startup environment
- Be able to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings or evenings and weekend
This is a unique opportunity to join our growing and mission-driven team. We’re big believers in work-life balance and provide health insurance, 401K, stock options and health + wellness reimbursements. This role can be remotely based or (post-COVID) located in our offices in Goleta; with an open floor plan, plenty of comfy seating, a full kitchen and Gold’s Gym just downstairs.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.