Posted 03/03/23 • Santa Barbara, CA or Remote • Full-Time
Who We Are
ParentSquare is a Santa Barbara-based growing company that’s changing the way schools and parents communicate every day. Sounds simple? We strive to keep it that way! Over 10,000 schools and 6.5 million parents across the U.S. utilize our platform to stay informed and involved from the way they prefer to be notified – email, text, voice, web, app, social – to the ways they can interact with schools – forms, sign ups, payments, RSVPs, language translations, chat and more. We just celebrated our 10th anniversary and are excited to continue advancing K-12 communications equity with our intuitive and easy-to-use platform so districts and schools can connect with all parents and guardians.
What We’re Looking for
As our Marketing Events Manager you will support ParentSquare lead generation and awareness through its overall marketing activities and drive coordinated local, regional and national events (including trade shows and their related marketing campaigns). You will own the research process of which events will create new opportunities for our sales team as well as own the organization and logistics and planning for upcoming trade shows, conferences and more. As a member of the marketing team, you’ll be able to lend a hand on several other marketing activities as needed. You will work closely with both the marketing and sales teams as a key player in awareness efforts that translate to leads and continued customer loyalty. Most importantly, you’re someone who shares in our passion for improving the lives of students through communication.
This role will include:
- Manage overview strategy and schedule of company trade shows, in conjunction with marketing and sales leadership
- Own all logistics, from tracking deadlines, registrations, booth selection and payment to organizing materials, booth items, travel arrangements and shipping (or the virtual event equivalents), for 70+ contracted events per year.
- Manage the overall trade show budget.
- Capture event leads and track over time in a CRM dashboard to evaluate the ROI for each trade show or conference, as well as the overall impact of our marketing event efforts.
- Provide hands-on marketing support required including pre- and post-event lead gen marketing.
- Research and recommend new/additional external trade shows and conferences that reach school district public information officers, chief technology officers and superintendents from the local level on up.
- Research and recommend emerging best practices for marketing events that we could adopt to enhance our brand presence and lead generation capabilities.
- Work with national school leadership organizations, such as CoSN, ISTE and NSPRA, on national events and to identify active local and state association chapters of interest, and working with regional education service agencies in target states.
- Coordinate speaking opportunities at trade shows and other events.
- Travel to at least 2 marketing events per year, to support our presence and evaluate our processes and strategies firsthand.
- Manage ParentSquare swag and branded items for the marketing team, including the partnership with our swag warehousing partner and providers.
- Work with multiple departments for branded apparel, swag, and merchandise needs
- Handle requests for branded items from across the organization and manage stocks and orders through our online portal.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for speakers occasionally.
- Train salespeople and staff attending events on how to represent ParentSquare well and how to be successful at creating interest and leads.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- 2+ years of experience managing events to generate leads for a B2B or edtech company
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Collaborates well with other teams and marketing team members
- Ability to lead and guide cross-functional groups including CS, sales, and executives to deliver successfulsuccesful events
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to problem solve and handle last minute issues calmly and effectively
The perks of working for us are great!
You’ll get your foot in the door as our company continues to grow. We’re big believers in work-life balance and provide:
- Employer-paid health insurance (including dependent coverage)
- Employer-match 401K retirement savings program (100% match for first 3% and 50% for next 2% of salary contributed)
- Stock options
- Health + wellness reimbursements
- Generous PTO – 14 paid holidays, which includes your birthday and time off between Christmas and New Year
As a fully remote team, we’ll make sure you have all the tools and equipment you need to make your home office a place where you can thrive.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
The salary range for this role will be $70,000-$95,000 annually, DOE.