Posted 02/01/23 • Santa Barbara, CA or Remote • Full-Time
Who We Are
What We’re Looking for
- Work on the ParentSquare Web application
- Solve complex end-user issues by working with the customer success team to understand the problem
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems by working closely with other members of the tech team
- Write test cases using for code additions and changes
- Mentor junior developers, and review and debug their code
- Coordinate with team members who work on different layers of infrastructure
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- 3+ years of professional experience with HTML, CSS/SASS, and jQuery
- Experience working within a back-end framework such as Ruby-on-Rails, NodeJS, PHP, etc.
- Strong understanding of UI/UX design standards and ARIA/WCAG standards.
- Convert UI specifications into clean and easy-to-maintain responsive web pages.
- The ability to bring any design to life with HTML and CSS, with cross-browser compatibility and accessibility.
- Strong understanding of scaling and optimizing user interfaces with hundreds of thousands of records.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or a related field
- Extensive experience working with large-scale web applications
- Proficiency with RESTful API development
- Proficiency with version control using Git
- Experience in writing front-end automated tests is a plus (Jasmine, Mocha, etc.)
- Familiarity with agile or lean software development
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal)
- Strong work ethic and ability to work effectively both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
The perks of working for us are great!
You’ll get your foot in the door as our company continues to grow. We’re big believers in work-life balance and provide:
- Employer-paid health insurance (including dependent coverage)
- An employer-matched 401K retirement savings program from day 1
- Paid Parental Leave
- Stock options
- Health + wellness reimbursements
- Generous PTO
- 14 paid holidays, including your birthday!
As a fully remote team, we’ll make sure you have all the tools and equipment you need to make your home office a place where you can thrive.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
The salary range for this role will be $90,000 to $120,000, DOE.