HR Manager (Product/Tech)
Posted 03/01/23 • Santa Barbara, CA or Remote • Full-Time
Who We Are
ParentSquare is a Santa Barbara-based growing company that’s changing the way schools and parents communicate every day. Sounds simple? We strive to keep it that way! Over 10,000 schools and 6.5 million parents across the U.S. utilize our platform to stay informed and involved from the way they prefer to be notified – email, text, voice, web, app, social – to the ways they can interact with schools – forms, sign ups, payments, RSVPs, language translations, chat and more. We just celebrated our 10th anniversary and are excited to continue advancing K-12 communications equity with our intuitive and easy-to-use platform so districts and schools can connect with all parents and guardians.
What We’re Looking for
Our team continues to grow and a part of that growth is ensuring we’re providing the best support possible for our employees and we’re in search of an HR Manager to join our team and be a true champion for our (internal) customers, with specific focus on product and tech teams. You are someone who has had a proven track record or HR success from compliance to helping create growth paths and trajectories for various employees. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and help us create and grow an HR team while also continuously thinking about how HR can help scale the ParentSquare team and culture.
This role will include:
- Providing full lifecycle support and guidance from recruitment to onboarding and training to performance management.
- Helping implement new processes and policies and ensuring they are well communicated and completed through the team
- Collaborating and building out career paths and training/development opportunities for all roles within Engineering and Product teams, specifically
- Being ‘in tune’ with the team pulse through various connection points and meetings with team members on a regular basis
- Maintaining confidentiality and professionalism surrounding employee incidents/concerns/performance
- Ensuring (and driving) that our team takes time to have fun and stay connected on topics outside of work through social activities, challenges, etc.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least 3 years of previous experience in HR and people management; specifically supporting and working with product and/or tech teams
- A growth mindset and ability to view challenges through a lens of opportunity
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal)
- A high professional ethic to include managing through confidential situations
- Strong work ethic and ability to work effectively both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Previous experience with HR payroll and performance management systems (Rippling a strong plus)
- Quick learner, tech savvy, and excited to learn new technologies/skills
- Passionate about the employee life cycle and providing opportunities for fun in a remote environment
The perks of working for us are great!
You’ll get your foot in the door as our company continues to grow. We’re big believers in work-life balance and provide:
- Employer-paid health insurance (including dependent coverage)
- Employer-match 401K retirement savings program (100% match for first 3% and 50% for next 2% of salary contributed)
- Stock options
- Health + wellness reimbursements
- Generous PTO – 14 paid holidays, which includes your birthday and time off between Christmas and New Year
As a fully remote team, we’ll make sure you have all the tools and equipment you need to make your home office a place where you can thrive.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
The salary range for this role will be $65,000-$75,000 annually, DOE.