Posted 05/10/22 • Santa Barbara, CA or Remote • Full-Time
Who We Are
ParentSquare is a rapidly growing Santa Barbara-based company that’s changing the way schools and parents communicate every day. Sounds simple? We strive to keep it that way!
Over 10,000 schools and 5 million parents and guardians across the U.S. utilize our platform to stay informed and involved from the way they prefer to be notified – email, text, voice, web, app, social – to the ways they can interact with schools – forms, sign ups, payments, RSVPs, language translations, chat and more.
We just celebrated our 10th anniversary and are excited to continue advancing K-12 communications equity with our intuitive and easy-to-use platform so districts and schools can connect with all parents and guardians.
Who We’re Looking for
We are searching for a passionate Product Manager who will help us continue to grow and improve our platform; you’re someone who loves to learn a product inside and out and gain a deep understanding of not only the product, but of the end-user experience as well as the competitive landscape. You’re an incredibly organized person who can seamlessly manage various ongoing projects, and you’ll play an active role in helping communicate new features through demo’s and training. As a member of a rapidly growing team, you aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and help scale into the growth that’s at our fingertips. Most importantly you share in our mission to improve the lives of students.
This role will include:
- Product Development
- Identifying and filling product gaps with solutions that grow market share, improve customer experience, increase profitability and drive growth
- Driving product launches including working with marketing team, customer success, and other product team members
- Facilitating beta and pilot programs
- Product Backlog
- Translating product strategy into requirements and prototypes
- Creating a scope and prioritizing the product backlog based on business and customer impact
- Working closely with engineering teams to ship features with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Working with QA resources to ensure product is tested for all customer type
- Regular grooming and ownership of the team backlog
- Product Feedback
- Working with leadership, sales and customer success teams to gather insight, refine market fit and validate stakeholder benefits
- Conducting demos and training for tech, sales and customer success teams
- Interviewing customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
- Acting as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Creating buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- 2+ years of Product Management experience within SaaS
- Experience producing educational technology (Ed-Tech) products a plus
- Experience working in K-12 Education a plus
- Proven work experience in product management
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful SaaS product throughout its lifecycle
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders from development, customer success, sales, marketing and leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
The perks of working for us are great!
You’ll get your foot in the door as our company continues to grow. We’re big believers in work-life balance and provide
- Employer-paid health insurance(including dependent coverage)
- Employer-match 401K retirement savings program
- Stock options
- Health + wellness reimbursements
- Generous PTO
- 14 paid holidays, including your birthday! and additionally time off between Christmas and New Year
We’re a Mac team and are a fully remote company. We’ll make sure you have all the tools and equipment you need to make your home office a place where you can thrive. We’re a fully remote company and will equip you with a new MacBook and all the equipment needed to make your home office a truly productive one.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.