Posted 07/15/22 • Santa Barbara, CA or Remote • Full-Time
Who We Are
ParentSquare is a Santa Barbara-based growing company that’s changing the way schools and parents communicate every day. Sounds simple? We strive to keep it that way! Over 5,000 schools and 4 million parents across the U.S. utilize our platform to stay informed and involved from the way they prefer to be notified – email, text, voice, web, app, social – to the ways they can interact with schools – forms, sign ups, payments, RSVPs, language translations, chat and more. We just celebrated our 10th anniversary and are excited to continue advancing K-12 communications equity with our intuitive and easy-to-use platform so districts and schools can connect with all parents and guardians.
Who We’re Looking for
You’re someone who loves to ‘break’ things, ask questions and leave no stone unturned! As you strive for a flawless user experience, you are an advocate for our customers as well as our developers. Your goal is to be an expert at testing software, with experience in testing systems across various environments such as web services, web applications, and mobile applications. You will gain experience with UI automation testing tools and best practices and will take a critical role in establishing our QA processes and key metrics. Most importantly, you’re someone who shares in our passion to improve the lives of students through communication.
This role will include:
- Write test cases and a testing strategy plan based on business requirements, executing those test cases, and documenting the results.
- Testing web applications and mobile applications. Serving as the main quality assurance resource to test work that has transitioned to the QA stage of the development process.
- Clearly define Jira ticket details to provide context, business logic, background, testing requirements and steps to reproduce an issue if needed.
- Assist the Product Manager in the grooming of Jira boards and backlogs
- Working collaboratively with our Customer Success team to effectively communicate updates or changes to the ParentSquare platform
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- 3+ years of experience in software quality assurance and testing.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes for both web and native mobile applications.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
The perks of working for us are great!
You’ll get your foot in the door as our company continues to grow. We’re big believers in work-life balance and provide
- Employer-paid health insurance(including dependent coverage)
- Employer-match 401K retirement savings program
- Stock options
- Health + wellness reimbursements
- Generous PTO
- 14 paid holidays, including your birthday!
As a fully remote team, we’ll make sure you have all the tools and equipment you need to make your home office a place where you can thrive.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.