Senior UX Designer
Posted 12/23/21 • Santa Barbara, CA or Remote • Full-Time
Who We Are
ParentSquare is a Santa Barbara-based growing company that’s changing the way schools and parents communicate every day. Sounds simple? We strive to keep it that way!
Over 7,000 schools and 4 million parents across the U.S. utilize our platform to stay informed and involved from the way they prefer to be notified – email, text, voice, web, app, social – to the ways they can interact with schools – forms, sign ups, payments, RSVPs, language translations, chat and more.
We just celebrated our 10th anniversary and are excited to continue advancing K-12 communications equity with our intuitive and easy-to-use platform so districts and schools can connect with all parents and guardians.
Who We’re Looking for
- An experienced UX designer who is passionate about human-centered design and how it can solve the pain points of our customers and their communities who use our platform.
- A self-starter who dreams of building an internal design practice from the ground up in a fast paced, growth-stage company…with a mission!
- As we continue to build up the product team, you will need to fulfill a variety of UX functions depending on the scope of the project. You should be comfortable with low fidelity wireframing, storyboarding, user research and usability testing, as well as crafting high fidelity component design and design systems.
- A humble team player who can provide UX recommendations in the short term and design a global design system in the long term, working with a variety of team members.
- Most importantly, you’re someone who will share in our passion to improve student success through communication.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- 3+ years of user experience design in a consulting or in-house environment.
- This is not an entry-level position and a strong portfolio is required that demonstrates your experience, storytelling, and design presentation skills producing and launching iOS, Android, and browser-based interfaces.
- Experience reviewing existing systems and processes from the ground up to identify UX improvements.
- Experience working on multiple design projects simultaneously.
- Experience with modern design tools like Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, DetailsPro, etc…
- Educational technology (Ed-Tech) or K-12 education experience is a plus.
This is a unique opportunity to join our growing and mission-driven team. We’re big believers in work-life balance and we provide health insurance, 401K with a generous employer match, stock options and health + wellness reimbursements. This role can be remotely based or (post-COVID) located in our offices in Goleta California; with an open floor plan, plenty of comfy seating, a full kitchen and Gold’s Gym just downstairs.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.