Annual Fund Campaign: Welcome back to full time in person school! Every dollar counts...
A lot goes into making Alvarado one of the best schools in San Francisco. A wonderful team of teachers and staff are dedicated to inspiring a love for learning in our children that will last a lifetime. Their dedication is enhanced and enriched by the enthusiasm and generosity of our community.
Last year, the PTA raised $400,000, which nearly matched the previous Alvarado record setting $450K year and a huge benefit to our students. Thank you so much to all of you who participated last year.
The PTA’s fundraising goal for the 2021/22 school year will remain at $400,000, or $850 per child, which is less than the average cost of just one month of daycare in San Francisco. This week marks the start of the Annual Fund Campaign, which runs through November 19th.
The funds we raise provide for key programs not fully funded by San Francisco Unified School District, including:
- Math & Science - Strengthening the curriculum, school-day tutoring, and a part time science teacher
- Art & Music - Inspiring student creativity with Studio art and music classes, and a full time art teacher
- Healthy Kids - Outdoor education, school garden and yard coaching
- Literacy - Providing reading support via school-day tutoring, book bags, library staffing, and programs for parents
- Teacher Support - Professional development, classroom supplies, state-of-the-art technology, and field trips
- Community Support - Mental health experts and community events
Alvarado’s ability to continue these programs depends on each and every family’s participation and contribution. Our goal is to get every family to participate at whatever level they can. Your participation matters and every dollar counts.
You can help our school reach its goal by donating:
- $25 - Every donation makes a difference. By participating, you strengthen our Alvarado community.
- $850 - We will reach this year’s PTA goal if we can raise $850 per each Alvarado student.
- $1,500 - Roughly equivalent to the average monthly preschool tuition in San Francisco.
- $2,500+ - If you are able, we encourage you to donate as generously as possible.
If your employer runs a Giving Tuesday or Double Match event let us know so we can help you maximize a donation and alert others at the same company.
Please give a gift that is meaningful to your family. We’d love to see every Alvarado family contribute what they can to the campaign. We ask 100% of Alvarado Families to:
- Donate or Pledge Today - You can make a donation now, a pledge to be paid later, or set-up monthly recurring payments. Visit https://www.parentsquare.com/ or complete the attached pledge form.
- Learn About Employee Match - Your employer may match (or double!) your donation. Visit www.alvaradoschool.net/giving/annual-fund/ or check with your HR Department.
- Donate Appreciated Stock - Maximize your donation and get a bigger tax deduction. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
- Grandparents, aunts, uncles and other people can also contribute.
Whichever grade at Alvarado has the highest participation rate by November 19 gets to vote on the Teacher Dare – List of options will be a surprise during the campaign so watch for it in ParentSquare.
Joshua Greenough – PTA President
Alvarado PTA is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization, ID #94-6171208, and donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.