Why is ADA Compliance important?
- Inclusivity: Ensure equitable access to your district’s information, communication, and services for all users.
- Legal compliance: Feel confident that your website is in compliance with current regulation and avoid OCR complaints.
- Improved user experience: Improve the user experience for all users in the district and community with Smart Sites features that include easy-to-use navigation, clear and concise content, and consistent design.
How does Smart Sites ensure my site will be ADA compliant?
- All provided websites meet the WCAG 2.1 accessibility standards.
- Smart Sites designs use appropriate font sizes, line height, and color contrast — as well as ensure links are descriptive based on color alone.
- Descriptive Alt Tags and navigational controls make the website and content easy to navigate with screen readers, keyboards, and assistive technology.
Not only can you feel confident in your website’s ADA compliance with Smart Sites, but you can also take it a step further to continuously detect and scan all new updates to the website. To offer this, we proudly partner with Monsido – a tool to monitor and perfect your website’s accessibility as new content gets added.