Kings Canyon Unified School District Re-Imagines Its School-to-Home Communications with ParentSquare
Implementation Of a Unified Communications Platform Allows the District To Reach Its Equity Goals, Improve Student Data, and Return to a Hybrid Model During the Pandemic
Multiple Modes of Communication
Additionally, Kings Canyon USD lies in the heart of California’s San Joaquin Valley—one of the country’s largest agricultural hubs—and many parents work in the industry, with little to no access to a desktop computer during the day.
Need for Accuracy & Insights
Implementing a COVID-19 Screening to Return to Campus
“The Health Screening Form has been critical in the fact that it was part of a platform we were already using, which made it so much easier to introduce.”
Renee Delport, MA.Ed.
- With access via text, email, a web browser, and/or mobile apps, plus the ability to customize where and when they get notifications, all parents have the opportunity to easily contact anyone at their child’s school or district through a single platform.
- To reach its ELL populations, Kings Canyon USD utilizes the instant two-way translation feature. Every parent and teacher can send and receive messages in their preferred language. Messages automatically translate, opening up a greater dialogue between parents and school sites. This critical feature plays an enormous role in helping Kings Canyon USD reach its equity goals by ensuring that every parent has the chance to engage with teachers, staff, and their home school. Furthermore, the translation feature saves the district time by decreasing the need for professional translators.
- With real-time insights and analytics from ParentSquare’s powerful dashboards and contact confirmation processes, Kings Canyon USD can see who they are not reaching to determine if inaccurate contact information plays a role. With insight into incorrect contact details, administrative staff no longer has to chase down parents to provide updated contact information, saving time for everyone.
- Dashboard analytics help promote greater equity among the school community. Staff and teachers can reach out to parents who are not engaging with messages to find out why and develop a solution.
- Unlike some other platforms, ParentSquare provides extensive administrative oversight allowing for a record of all communications. Kings Canyon USD administrators can review any messages between teachers, parents,and students if needed. Not only is this capability an added layer of protection for every user, but it also allows administrators to review the positive activity schools are a part of, such as regularly posting information andengaging with their community.
- To assist in a safe return to campus, staff and students fill out the Health Screening Form, available in English and Spanish, every morning to evaluate themselves for COVID-19-related symptoms. The district customized the form to include specific screening questions to fulfill county and state-specific requirements on contact tracing, and schools can send parents reminders to fill out the form if needed. This form helps streamline an otherwise complicated screening process, saving administrators time while providing the district with current data and clean reporting to maintain compliance with COVID-19 protocol.
Renee Delport, MA. Ed.
Unified Communications With Administrative Oversight
Equitable Communications for All
Cleaner, More Accurate Data For 99-100% Contactability Rates
COVID-19 Compliant Health Screening Process
Share This Case Study
Enter your email address below to download a PDF of the case study.