ParentSquare School Agreement
This School Agreement describes the terms and conditions of the services offered by ParentSquare, Inc. (“ParentSquare”, “we”, “us” or “our”) accepted by School (as defined below).
The entire agreement between the parties consists of (1) this School Agreement, (2) the Order Form, and (3) any separate written agreement signed by the parties (collectively, the “Agreement”).
Any capitalized term used but not defined in this School Agreement will have the meaning set forth in the Order Form. In the event of any conflict between this School Agreement and the Order Form, the Order Form will prevail. In the event of any conflict between this School Agreement and any separate written agreement signed by the parties, the separate written agreement will govern to the extent of the contradiction.
In addition to the terms defined in the body of this School Agreement, the following terms have the following meanings:
“Applicable Laws” means all laws, statutes, rules and regulations that are applicable to the provision or use of School Data or the use of the Subscription Service.
“Non-ParentSquare Applications” means any software, subscription service or other application that interoperates with the Subscription Service, whether provided by you or a third party. Non-ParentSquare Applications do not include any software, subscription service or other application that we provide as part of the Subscription Service.
“Order Form” means the order form that is executed by the parties and that references this School Agreement.
“School”, “you” or “your” means the school, school district or organization that will be using the Subscription Service. If you are a school district, then the term “School” includes all schools that are members of the school district and served by the school district that will be using the Subscription Service.
“Service(s)” means the Subscription Service and all other products, installation, professional development services, support services, training services, and other services and applications made available by us from time to time that are paid for by you.
“Subscription Service” means the school-home communications platform(s) offered by us on a subscription basis through our website or mobile application.
“Subscription Term” means the initial term of your subscription to the Subscription Service, as specified on the Order Form, including any pilot term, and each subsequent renewal term (if any).
3. Changes to this School Agreement
4. Intellectual Property Rights
5. Fees and Payment
6. Term and Termination
7. Disclaimer of Warranties
8. Limitation of Liability
10. General Provisions
- Added definitions for terms used in agreement
- Revised to put in plain English
- Revised to put in active voice
- Added section numbering and reordered some sections
- Added provisions regarding onboarding and delivery of Subscription Service
- Added provisions regarding ownership
- Added pricing and payment provisions
- Added provisions regarding initial term and renewals
- Added termination provisions
- Added disclaimer of warranty provision
- Added support provisions
- Added provisions regarding non-ParentSquare provided software integrations
- Added general provisions section
August 22, 2022
- Acknowledgement that if a separate written agreement exists between the School and ParentSquare, it takes precedence over this agreement.
- Updating Limitation of Liability section to include maximum aggregate liability
Link to Prior School Agreement